Blyth Academy strongly believes in the value of educational travel and the impact it has on students’ academic and professional futures. We believe in making our programs fully accessible to all students, and therefore provide both need and merit-based scholarships to admitted students. Blyth Academy International’s Scholarship program is a flexible monetary scholarship. It aims to celebrate and reward student academic achievement and commitment to school life.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION CRITERIA
To apply, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Grade 10, 11 or 12 student in good academic standing
Note: Global High School is for grade 11, 12, or gap year students only.
- Show solid community and school involvement
- Exhibit strong leadership characteristics and personal integrity
- Have an interest in travel
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION & ASSESSMENT PROCESS
- Submit your complete application, including all items outlined below.
- Once the scholarship application is received by Blyth Academy you will receive a confirmation email. Your application will then be assessed by the financial aid committee as soon as possible.
- Once a decision has been made you will receive an email indicating your award. The award must be accepted in writing by a parent/guardian by the deadline indicated in your offer letter.
- Within one week of acceptance submit the Global High School registration form with payment of the deposit, registration fee, and any insurance selected.
- The award amount will be deducted from your final installment.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Blyth Academy International Scholarship Application Form.
- Short Essay: Please provide a 500 word essay explaining why you would like to study abroad and how you believe you will contribute to your chosen program.
- Most recent report card – most recent report card or transcript showing final grades.
- One reference letter: A letter from either a teacher or a leader in your community.
To be considered for a need-based award, also include:
- Letter of financial need: A personal letter from a parent/guardian outlining your financial need. The parent letter of financial need must be signed by the parent.
- T4 or equivalent tax assessment: Most recent statements of remuneration for both parents (or legal guardians).
Email completed applications to:
Financial Aid Committee
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINES
Financial Aid applications for Global High School are subject to the following deadlines:
- Applications for Term 1 and Full-Year enrolment are due by June 1
- Applications for Term 2 enrolment are due by August 1
- Applications for Term 3 enrolment are due by November 1
- Applications for Term 4 enrolment are due by January 1
Best of luck to all of our applicants!
Decisions for Global High School will be granted on a rolling basis, as applications are received. Scholarships will be awarded until all funds are allocated or the deadline passes, whichever comes first.
Offers of scholarship amount will be sent to the parent/guardian and student via email. The parent/guardian must accept or decline the offer of aid in writing (emails accepted). No student acceptance will be valid.
- Discounts, special offers, and financial aid/scholarships cannot be combined. This includes all early booking incentives.
- Should students choose to switch programs, scholarships may be altered to reflect program choice.
- Scholarships cannot be awarded in cash.
- Scholarships cannot be used for optional excursions.