Blyth Academy strongly believes in the value of educational travel and the impact it has on students’ academic and professional futures. We believe in making our programs fully accessible to all students, and therefore provide both need and merit-based scholarships to admitted students. Blyth Academy International’s Scholarship program is a flexible monetary scholarship. It aims to celebrate and reward student academic achievement and commitment to school life.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION CRITERIA
To apply, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Grade 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12 student in good academic standing
Note: Global High School is for grade 11, 12, or gap year students only.
- Show solid community and school involvement
- Exhibit strong leadership characteristics and personal integrity
- Have an interest in travel
APPLICATION SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Blyth Academy International Scholarship Application Form.
- Short Essay: Please provide a 500 word essay explaining why you would like to study abroad and how you believe you will contribute to your chosen program.
- Program registration, including deposit, registration fee, and any insurance selected.
- Most recent report card – most recent report card or transcript showing final grades.
- One reference letter: A letter from either a teacher or a leader in your community.
To be considered for a need-based award:
- Letter of financial need: A personal letter from a parent/guardian outlining your financial need. The parent letter of financial need must be signed by the parent.
- T4 or equivalent tax assessment: Most recent statements of remuneration for both parents (or legal guardians).
Note: If your need-based scholarship application is declined or the award amount is insufficient to allow you to travel with Blyth Academy, you can request, and will receive, a full refund, including the deposit and registration fee.
Applicants will be contacted to confirm the application has been received.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINES
Financial Aid applications for Global High School are subject to the following deadlines:
- Applications for Term 1 and Full-Year enrolment are due by June 1
- Applications for Term 2 enrolment are due by August 1
- Applications for Term 3 enrolment are due by November 1
- Applications for Term 4 enrolment are due by January 1
Once the application is received by Blyth Academy you will receive a confirmation email. The application will then be assessed based on need and completeness of the application.
Best of luck to all of our applicants!
Decisions for Global High School will be granted on a rolling basis, as applications are received. Scholarships will be awarded until all funds are allocated or the deadline passes, whichever comes first.
Offers of scholarship amount will be sent to the parent/guardian and student via email. The parent/guardian must accept or decline the offer of aid in writing. No student acceptance will be valid.
Email applications to:
Financial Aid Committee
- Discounts, special offers, and financial aid/scholarships cannot be combined. This includes all early booking incentives.
- Should students choose to switch programs, scholarships may be altered to reflect program choice.
- Scholarships cannot be awarded in cash.
- Scholarships cannot be used for optional excursions.